Planning My Event
When it comes to planning your next big event there are a lot of things to consider to ensure your event is one to remember. Here are some things to consider when planning your event.
- When and where will the event take place?
- Do I need to reserve a venue?
- Do I need any special permits?
- What will the duration of the event be?
- Are there any other events or gathering that could affect the attendance to my event?
- How will you pay for the event (i.e. self pay, grants, sponsorships, advertising, budget, fundraising)?
- Have you had issues at past events that need to be addressed and or mitigated if possible?
- Are there underground utilities and sprinkler systems that need marked?
- Is electricity readily available or do I need generators?
- Is there enough parking on location to accommodate all the guests?
- If the event goes past dusk is there ample lighting available?
- Do you have an emergency plan in place for different situations (i.e. weather, missing person, etc.)?
- Do you have an estimated head count?
- What type of activities am I interested in?
- Do I have age appropriate activities for all the ages that will be in attendance?
- Will the event be inside or outside?
- What type of surface will we be on (i.e. concrete/asphalt, grass, gravel/dirt/, gym floor, carpet, etc)?
- Will the event be free or will you be a charge?
- What is the chain of command?
- Are you utilizing committees to plan and run the event?
- Will you be utilizing paid staff or volunteers to assist in the roll out of the event?
- Does everyone involved know their role and duties?
- Will training be needed so everyone knows how to perform their duties and what is expected?
- Will multiple shifts be needed to cover the time frame of the event?
Food and Drink:
- Are you serving food, catering food, or using food vendors?
- Will food be served buffet style, plated, handed out, etc.?
- Do you have an actual head count or estimated head count?
- What type of food and drink will be served?
- Are there alternatives in case of food or drink allergies?
- Will alcohol be served or sold? Do you need a liquor license?
- Does your event need security?
- Do you have a way to track attendance of those who come?
- Do you have a way to gather feedback from those who attend?
- Do you have music or sound?
- Do you have a MC/DJ to direct the event?
Our equipment is ready to put smiles on some faces.